How to become Uber driver London?
Is anybody here who doesn’t know Uber? Well if yes, let’s know it now! Uber, as the most popular and well-known PHV operator in the world, is still trying to cover more locations by hiring more drivers. This is a great way for those who are looking for a part-time or even a full time job to increase their monthly income. The best point of this type of job role is that you are the only person who decides about the work time! Apart from that, you can decide to work for longer hours if you need to earn more or choose to work less if you are not in the mood to work.
Read this article carefully as we are going to give whatever you need to know to become an Uber driver in London and get familiar with the requirements, terms and conditions.
You are going to read the following issues through this article
- Why Uber?
- What do I need to become an Uber driver?
- How to join Uber? Step by step guide
Although Uber was not the first rideshare app, it made a big change in the transportation industry as it offers a vast service for both riders and drivers. In other words, it can be said that Uber is the most comprehensive PHV operator! Being fast, having a reasonable fee, more available drivers, etc. can be other reasons which made Uber become one of the best.
What do I need to become an Uber driver in London?
There are some documents and certificates you need to provide to Uber to be a member of them. This is the list of requirements which can help you better to collect. Besides, we are going to talk about them in more detail.
- Valid driving license of the UK
- Valid PCO license
- A PCO car
- Insurance number
- A Bank account
Driving licenses are clear for all of us, but you might be curious about PCO licenses. PCO license is a degree offered by TfL and examines your skills in driving, map reading, English fluency, medical health, background, etc. The test is held in one of the approved offices announced by TfL and once you get it, it is valid for 3 years. After 3 years, you need to renew it.
In order to explain PCO cars, let’s go through it with a little more detail.
What is a PCO car?
A PCO car is an accepted vehicle by TfL which can be either a 4 door car or a minivan. You can use your own car as a PCO car if it meets the TfL requirements. But, it is highly recommended to hire a PCO car from PCO car hire companies such as G&M Direct hire as they are Uber ready. If you choose your personal car, you need to collect insurance and car health documents to upload on Uber website.
What PCO cars are good choices?
PCO car hire in London is not much challenging as you can find various plans and cars to rent with different rental fees and options. In this article, we decided to mention 3 of top PCO car rental plans in London to make it easier for those who want to rent a PCO car in London to decide. The plans are:
- Mercedes Benz E-class PCO hire
- Toyota Prius PCO hire
- Kia Niro PCO hire
These three cars are sort of the most popular among the PCO drivers (specially Kia Niro PCO). If you are looking for a luxury choice, Mercedes Benz E-class PCO car is a nice choice with approximately £260 weekly rental fee, if you are up for a full electric choice Kia Niro PCO car is for £220 weekly rental fee and if you look for a more affordable choice, Toyota Prius PCO can be a nice option for only £150 weekly rental fee.
Is it better to rent a PCO car or use my personal car to join Uber in London?
This is a frequently asked question by those who decided to join Uber or other rideshare companies to work. Well, they are right. There must be a clear answer for that. Here, we tell you that’s totally up to you to choose what car is better, but it is recommended to rent a PCO car since:
- They are ready to join Uber (or other PHV operators)
- You can change the car if you get tired of it.
- You can rent your dream vehicle.
- Fixing and services are provided by the company which means cutting down extra expenses.
- Depreciation on your personal car is omitted.
How to join Uber? Step by step guide
Did you collect all the documents and meet all the requirements? Then you are ready to apply for Uber. All you need to do is the following steps:
- Sign up on Uber official website. (if you have an account simply log in)
- Fill the information blanks carefully.
- Scan all your documents.
- Upload each document that is asked. First, you will need to upload your PCO license. A valid UK driving license, ID card which approve being at least 21 years of age, Private Hire Insurance allowing you to transport passengers for hire and reward, Bank Statement for the bank account that will be used to receive payments from Uber (which is needed to be under your name or a business which you are an owner of) and the Driver profile photo are the other documents.
- Admitting the vehicle. If you rent a PCO car, they are mostly Uber ready and the company will submit it for you freely.
- Fill the contracts forms and send them to Uber.
- Wait to receive an activation status from the Uber supporting team.
- Congratulations! You are an Uber driver now.
It is a very good choice for those who don’t like to be limited in their career to join Uber and work as a PCO driver. In this article we mentioned a step by step guide to join Uber, gave information about PCO cars and why to choose them and explained why Uber is getting that much popular each day. We hope that by reading this article, you would be able to make a change in your career and increase your income.